Saturday, February 13, 2021

Which touchscreen monitor to buy for the Raspberry Pi?

 I already had the official 7'' LCD touchscreen which is suitable for compact UI projects but I was keen to make applications which would offer full gesture support, hence I started looking for bigger displays. I first purchased a Asus 15.6 inch touchscreen display but to my dismay it did NOT work with the Raspberry Pi. This model has a resolution of 1366x768 which was not recognised by Raspberry Pi OS or Ubuntu running on Pi. The build quality was good and it occupied less space on my desk and I thought was perfect for my needs but I had to return it back.

Then my attention focused on iiyama 22inch full hd touchscreen monitor and it worked with Raspberry Pi straight out of the box. I have already posted a video of some sample touch applications running on this monitor in my previous post.



In case you are interested the link is 

https://iiyama.com/gl_en/products/prolite-t2252msc-b1/

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01M2AOHZM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This monitor has scratch proof glass and can be tilted in various angles. Looking forward for new Qt applications now.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Fun with Yocto, Qt and Raspberry Pi 4: Embedded browser based scalable entertainment and business app

I want to share my experience of how I went about creating a embedded browser based application which would work on a  tiny 7 inch lcd displ...