Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Fun with Yocto and Raspberry Pi : My first custom embedded Linux image

 I just wanted to get my feet wet with Yocto and create a Linux image which would have a x11 window manager and which was touchscreen friendly. Yocto provides a very easy way to create a Linux image based on the Matchbox window manager. 



Have a look at the first tutorial to see how I went about achieving this goal. Creating your own linux distribution is a valuable skill and will help you to stand out from the crowd.




If you wish to try out the sato image, you can download it from here

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AjVESqXOHzpnigX1UT0k_tqO6a4m


In next blog, I will go more deeper in to customisation and creating a distribution without any window manager.

1 comment:

Fun with Yocto, Qt and Raspberry Pi 4: Embedded browser based scalable entertainment and business app

I want to share my experience of how I went about creating a embedded browser based application which would work on a  tiny 7 inch lcd displ...